Kim Stewart-Director of Operations
- 1990 Intern South Suburban YMCA
- 1990 – 1995 Program Director YMCA of Southwest Illinois
- 1995 – 1999 Assoc Program Dev. Director YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago
- 1999 – 2001 New Branch Development Waukee Family YMCA
- 2001 – 2009 Executive Director Waukee Family YMCA
Kim supports four Branches in YMCA of Greater Des Moines and leads programming and membership. Additionally, she provides leadership to the YMCA Healthy Living Center through volunteer Board development and fund raising. Kim is a leader in her field with a passion for health & wellness and a strong commitment to sharing “Healthy Living” with others.
- Bachelor of Arts – Recreation
University of Northern Iowa
Why the Y?
I love the Y for so many reasons. The values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
reflect the way I want to live my life and the kind of world that I want to live in. The ever
changing world of working with people and trying to meet community needs keeps my work
exciting and challenging. The flexibility and family focus has fit well into my life as I work to
manage a career and my family. Maybe most of all, it feels great to work for an organization
that truly cares about people and community.