MERCY WEIGHT LOSS AND NUTRITION CENTER'S CLASSES
Mercy Weight Loss & Nutrition Center is pleased to offer the following taught by Mercy weight loss and wellness experts. These classes are free to YMCA members.
Live Healthy, Cook Healthy, Be Healthy
Sponsored by Iowa Diabetes and Endocrinology Center and Mercy Weight Loss and Nutrition Center, Live Healthy, Cook Healthy, Be Healthy Is a three-pronged approach to healthy living at the YMCA Healthy Living Center (Y-HLC). The program consists of a weekly exercise class, followed by fellowship time and an educational class. The exercise class is open to all Y-HLC members and the general public is welcome and encouraged to attend the educational class. Please call 515-358-9400 with questions.
Click HERE for a brochure.
These classes are held every Tuesday at 5:30pm:
- March 11th - Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction
- March 18th - Exploring Exotic Foods
- March 25th - Nutrition Trivia - Come learn the basics!
- April 1st - Vegetarian Starter Kit
- April 8th - Exploring Exotic Foods
- April 15th - Conscious Living
- April 22nd - Essential Oils 101
- April 29th - Anti-Inflammatory Diet
Cooking Demonstrations are held on Saturdays at 10:00am to 11:00am
- March 15th - Spring into Some Greens!
- April 5th - Cooking with Coconut
- April 26th - Build a Better Sandwich